Thank you for your patience over the past week. We continue to wait for specific guidance from the State, but the Board met multiple times last week and has elected to move forward in the format as detailed below. However, the Governor indicated he will be providing guidelines/information on Tuesday so, as with everything else, we all need to remain open to the possibility of change.
Registration is closed. Payment will take place on equipment pick up day. You will receive a separate email regarding payment and refunds.
Phase # 1
Next week, we will have 2 days of mandatory conditioning/workouts (no equipment) on Tuesday, August 18 & Thursday, August 20.
Ariss Park : 6: 00 - 8:00 PM both days
Waivers must be signed by parents prior to your child participating in workouts.
* A-League Players (Grades 6 & 7): sign in will begin at 5:40 pm
* B-League Players (Grades 4 & 5): sign in will begin at 6:00 pm
Please be mindful of your designated sign in time so we may maintain proper social distancing. There will be three tables divided by last name (left to right- A-H, I-P, Q-Z).
Equipment Pick-up (*Payment due date)
Saturday, August 22
* 7th grade: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
* 6th grade: 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
* 5th grade: 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
* 4th Grade: 1:45 pm - 2:45 pm
Make Up August 24, 5:00 - 6:00 pm (Ariss)
Phase # 2
Skills Camp - Acclimation period - Monday, August 24 - Thursday, August 27
Ariss Park 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Phase # 3
Tackle Practice begins - Monday, August 31 - Thursday, September 3
(fields and times to be determined by coaches)
Phase # 4
Preview day / Weigh In's - Saturday, September 5
North Canton / Time TBD
Phase # 5
* Regular season week 1 practices will begin Monday, September 7.
* Games will begin September 12 and run every Saturday through October 17.
* Playoffs will start October 24 with the Championship slated for October 31. This will allow a regular 6 game season with 2 playoff weeks as we have always done.
The regulations remain the same at this time for practices.
* One parent/guardian may be present for each athlete at practices;
* Masks must be worn;
* Social distancing between spectators while at practice (bleachers will be closed); and
* Each player must have their own water bottle or drink (we cannot share). Please put your athlete's name on the water bottle.
We are aware other teams/schools have received warnings for failure to follow these regulations. We ask that you please respect these regulations so that our boys can have a season.
Regulations regarding games and spectators appear to be changing based upon the Governor's "preview" on Thursday. We will provide more guidance regarding games and our expectations once we receive the guidelines from the State.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to any board member.